Friday, September 28, 2012

Apples/Word Work

What a busy week!! We celebrated Johnny Appleseed and Fall this week by doing many apple activities! We all brought in apples this week which we investigated, graphed, and taste tested! I took everyone's apples (the one's that weren't dropped too many times! :) and put them together and made some homemade applesauce! This was quite an adventure for me this year because as I was pushing down on an apple with my apple slicer, it broke and I cut I my finger! Well 2 hours in the ER and 3 stitches later...Ugh...Well I did manage to get the rest of the apples cut up in the morning and the applesauce was a success. We also used some of the apples to do apple print patterning. We had a great week with apples!!

We also introduced our second daily this week, Word Work! During this daily, the students get to use materials, such as white boards, magnet letters, letter blocks, stamps and more to practice spelling their popcorn words. The students did a great job with this and are very excited about having 2 dailies now!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment